The ALPS Mountaineering Red Tail 80 Internal Frame Backpack remains comfortable on the trail during weeklong excursions into the wilderness. The Red Tail 80 is constructed using a lightweight polyester fabric, an adjustable Lycra-covered suspension system with a unique "webbing ladder" adjustable harness and removable waist belt all work together to create a lightweight pack that can be adjusted to comfortably fit your body. The Red Tail 80 has been designed to fit torso ranges of 14 - 20.5 inches. The pack is top loading with a full-access lower compartment and has 4,900 cu. in. of storage space. A large front pocket, lashing points and compression straps create additional real estate for hauling extra gear. If you're at a point in your journey where you're ready to drop the main pack and venture out on a shorter trail, the top lid converts to a fanny pack! Hydration port and pocket and built-in rain cover are both included. The Red Tail 80 Internal Frame Backpack is as idea for your next backpacking trip for a long weekend adventure!
* Lightweight polyester
* Lycra covered adjustable suspension components
* Removable sternum strap
* Pull-forward tightening waist belt
* Webbing ladder" adjustable harness
* Internal horizontal divider
* Full-access lower compartment - #10 zipper
* Top loading - extendable top lid
* Spindrift collar with draw cord
* Front kangaroo pocket
* Front lashing points
* Top pocket converts to a fanny pack
* Trekking pole loops with tip keeper rings
* Trekking pole bungee attachment
* "Over the top" compression strap
* Multiple side compression straps
* Stretch side bottle pockets
* Rescue whistle buckle on sternum strap
* Hydration pocket and ports
* H2O outlets on both sides of pack
* Removable padded waist belt with pockets
* Rain cover included
* Standard Waist Belt Included (Range: 26"-40")
* Standard Harness
Waist Belt Options:
** Small Waist Belt 22"-26"
** X-Large Waist Belt -40" +
Small Harness Option:
***Click option below if your size requires a small harness
* Product ID: 2436801
* Color: Charcoal
* Fabric: Lightweight Polyester
* Dimension: 26.3" x 13.8" x 8.6 "
* Torso Range: 14" - 20.5"
* Capacity: 4900 cu. in / 80 L
* Weight: 5 lbs. 15 oz.
A correctly loaded pack will not only be more comfortable, it will be better balanced for stream crossings, skiing, climbing, or on uneven terrain.
Start by loosening all the compression straps on the pack, and if you prefer, internal dividers. Put your sleeping bag in the bottom, we suggest using a compressions stuff sack. Place your folded tent and rain fly on top of your sleeping bag.
Your heaviest items - food, fuel, water - should come next, and be placed close to your back, and no higher than your shoulders. Above these heavier items, and in the space away from your back, should be your lighter items, like clothes.
Side pockets should be used for fuel bottles, water bottles, or items you need to quickly access.
Once everything is loaded into your pack, cinch down the compression straps to stabilize the load and to pull it in close to your back.
How To Adjust the Torso Length
How to Determine Your Torso Length
How to Properly Fit Your Backpack
Be Prepared. Carry The Following As Well
Not logged in