The Tembo Tusk Adventure Skottle Grill has everything you need, Adventure Skottle Grill, and a sturdy carry bags. Can you imagine grilling today’s catch of the day on a river bank or making fiestas after a day of hiking in the park. The Adventure Skottle is the next outdoor cooking utensil you will need, leave the portable pit at home. The Skottle features a harrow disc, which is 12” diameter and 2” deep center as its cooking surface. This type of cooking provides a hot center and gradually cools up the sides of the disc. The Skottle stands 12” tall with the aluminum legs installed. The Skottle comes pre-seasoned and can be used immediately. So, go find your favorite outdoor cooking recipe and give it a go on your next adventure
1. TemboTusk Adventure Skottle Grill
2. BlueRidge Overland Gear Carry Bag
* Harrow disc cooking surface
* 12” diameter and 2” deep center
* Disc supported by three 12” tall aluminum legs
* Pre-seasoned disc.
* One canvas storage bags, for disc and legs
* Disc and legs weighs 2 lbs. 11 oz.
* All parts of the Adventure Skottle Grill is Made in the USA
* Warranty: As part of our dedication to quality products, Tembo Tusk warrants to the original owner its products against defects in material and or workmanship for a period of one year.
CARE: The Tembo Tusk Skottle comes pre-seasoned and can be used immediately. The easiest way to recondition the Skottle is with olive oil or any cooking oil and heat on a gas or charcoal barbeque to 450 degrees or until the oil on the metal stops smoking. Like a Dutch oven or cast iron pan, the more the Skottle is used the better the non-stick cooking surface becomes.
The history of the Skottle comes from the South African farmer and finding a secondary use for old harrow discs by turning them into an outdoor cooking utensil they could use while out in the fields. The Skottle caught on with the public in the 1940s and 50s and is now synonymous with grilling in South Africa. Anything that can be cooked in a pan, skillet or on a grill can be cooked in a Skottle. Bacon, eggs, sausage and hash browns is a great example for breakfast. Lunch or dinner can be as easy as stir fry veggies, steak, and chopped potatoes. There is no better way to cook Boerewors Sausage (South African Farmer’s Sausage) or any other sausage for that matter. Nothing tastes better than a thick cheese Quesadilla grilled on a Skottle. As you can see, there is very little you can’t cook on a Skottle!
Be Prepared. Carry The Following As Well
Not logged in