The ALPS Mountaineering Caldera 75 Internal Frame Backpack is feature rich backpack that is sure to meet your specific needs. The Caldera 75 is constructed with dual aluminum frame, using a lightweight polyester fabric, an adjustable Lycra-covered adjustable suspension system and a removable padded waist belt all work together to create a lightweight pack that can be adjusted to perfectly fit your body. The Caldera 75 includes 4,575 cu. in of storage with multiple access points and has been designed to fit torso ranges of 15.5 - 20.5 inches. A front stretch pocket, front wing lashing system, side compression straps and pockets all create additional real estate for hauling extra gear. If you're at a point in your journey where you're ready to drop the main pack and venture out on a shorter trail, the top lid converts to a fanny pack! Hydration port and pocket and built-in rain cover are both included. The Caldera 75 Internal Frame Backpack has all the extra features you will ever need to enjoy your long weekend adventure!
* Lightweight 200D nylon double ripstop fabric
* Removable sternum strap
* Pull-forward tightening waist belt
* Shoulder strap padding wraps to back for maximum comfort
* Dual aluminum frame stays
* Internal horizontal divider
* Generous front access to main compartment
* Full-access lower compartment - #10 zipper
* Top pocket converts to a fanny pack
* Top loading - extendable top lid
* Spindrift collar with draw cord
* Front stretch pocket
* Front wing lashing system
* Top pocket converts to a fanny pack
* Traditional trekking pole loops
* Trekking pole bungee attachment
* "Over the top" compression strap
* Stretch side bottle pockets
* Rescue whistle buckle on sternum strap
* Hydration pocket and ports
* H2O outlets on both sides of pack
* Removable padded waist belt with pockets
* Rain cover included
* Standard Waist Belt Included (Range: 26"-40")
Waist Belt Options:
** Small Waist Belt 22"-26"
** X-Large Waist Belt -40" +
* Product ID: 2433811
* Color: Gray / Gray
* Fabric: Lightweight 200D nylon double ripstop
* Dimension: 28" x 15" x 9.4 "
* Torso Range: 15.5" - 20.5"
* Capacity: 4575 cu. in / 75 L
* Weight: 5 lbs. 11 oz.
NOTES: On the ALPS Mountaineering Backpack Harness and Waist Belt
** All ALPS Mountaineering External and Internal Backpacks come with a standard Harness and Waist Belts.
** First time purchasing, you can specify the preferences for a different size of Harness and Waist Belt. Simply click the size needed below. Ordering a different size of Harness and/or Waist Belt, adds additional charges to the price of the backpack you are purchasing.
** Replacing a Harness and/or Waist Belt, please follow the link below, to purchase only Harness and/or Waist Belt for your backpack.
Caldera 75 Backpack Replacement Harness and Waist Belt
A correctly loaded pack will not only be more comfortable, it will be better balanced for stream crossings, skiing, climbing, or on uneven terrain.
Start by loosening all the compression straps on the pack, and if you prefer, internal dividers. Put your sleeping bag in the bottom, we suggest using a compressions stuff sack. Place your folded tent and rain fly on top of your sleeping bag.
Your heaviest items - food, fuel, water - should come next, and be placed close to your back, and no higher than your shoulders. Above these heavier items, and in the space away from your back, should be your lighter items, like clothes.
Side pockets should be used for fuel bottles, water bottles, or items you need to quickly access.
Once everything is loaded into your pack, cinch down the compression straps to stabilize the load and to pull it in close to your back.
How To Adjust the Torso Length
How to Determine Your Torso Length
How to Properly Fit Your Backpack
Be Prepared. Carry The Following As Well
Not logged in